Family Dreams

We are keeping this little blog to let our friends and family know of our experiences as we journey towards building our family through adoption. We are hoping to adopt from China, and plan on posting any information we can to keep everyone up to date, as well as any pictures that are important. We welcome any questions or comments, and they can be left by clicking the "comments" link at the end of each post. No question is a dumb question!!! We hope you enjoy our journey as much as we plan to.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

100 Best Wishes Quilt Update...





We have had some questions lately about how the quilt is coming. Currently, my Aunt Donna is quilting it, and I think that we are close to the 100 mark. Hard for me to say exactly, as we had some family drop squares off directly to her. I am thinking that we may be a few short yet, but will see when I talk to her on the weekend.

There were so many different fabrics sent to us, and they were all very meaningful and beautiful. I will post a few pictures for everyone to see.

We really enjoyed getting squares in the mail from adoptive families that we met in Canada and the US. While they are all very special to us, some are at the same stage that we are in the adoption process, and some we may even travel with, so they hold a special place in our heart!

We had some chinese theme, lots of ladybugs, farming -- John Deere, cows, chickens, a farm scene, sheep etc... So CUTE! We also had things that were important to the people sending them. Favorite colours, animals, things that reminded them of their childhood and home. Our favorites include: one from our good friend Rob who is a Police Officer here in Thunder Bay. He cut apart one of his uniform shirts, and included a badge to go with it (while we have not received his card yet to go with it, we are assuming it is because he always wants Peanut to feel protected!) One from my childhood friend Mandy from Sudbury. It is a Winnie the Pooh flannel piece that was from her children's receiving blanket, The Sushi fish one from my best friend Jacqui's nephew (he is about 3 now!) and all of the wild colourful ones for the scrapbooker in me!
I started the scrapbook album for the 100 BWQ. I was worried that I had lost my mojo as I haven't had time to scrap in a while, but I think the opening page from Dan and I turned out to be pretty good. The name part is not stuck down incase we are referred a son instead of a daughter. The three cards above were done by one of my red hat buddies, and they are of her three daughters. They are so beautiful and mean so much as Jenn has been such a great supporter of the adoption and understands our journey very deeply.
4 comments

4 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Cari said…

    Love the nursery stuff!
    I'm hoping you get a referral soon -- the waiting is so frustrating!!!
    Check my blog - I posted a poem there the other day that you might like - referral specific.
    Good luck with everything -- i'll be thinking good thoughts that Ava is home with you soon!

    Cari
    www.journeytojordyn.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Cant wait to see the quilt!! You got some great squares. Love the John Deere one....I never got one of those!! And what a great idea with the POlice badge.....very sweet of your friend!!
    I need you closer to me. I want to start the 100 wish scrapbook, but dont even know where to start...lol!! Keep posting pictures so it can help me...hehe!!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Cant comment on the last 3 posts....can you check that out??
    Anyways, I have an email coming to you today!!!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Torin, Jeff & I are very happy that you liked our "sushi" fabric for the quilt. Torin picked it out. We thought that you would laugh when you saw it...we did!

     
Post a Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home