Family Dreams

We are keeping this little blog to let our friends and family know of our experiences as we journey towards building our family through adoption. We are hoping to adopt from China, and plan on posting any information we can to keep everyone up to date, as well as any pictures that are important. We welcome any questions or comments, and they can be left by clicking the "comments" link at the end of each post. No question is a dumb question!!! We hope you enjoy our journey as much as we plan to.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Enough with the turkey and the caffeine!


All turkied out! We are officially at that stage where we are SOOOO sick of Turkey! Actually sick of eating in general! So, I am avoiding the growling in my stomach and have decided to do some internet and scrapping stuff. Realistically, I should be painting and cleaning the house, but the laundry is on so I have a little bit of a reprieve. Dan is out on calls and I so wish he had one day this week that he could just spend at home. Ok, I am whining. I should stop. I guess I am feeling what a lot of pre-adoptive parents are feeling. In limbo. WHEN IS THE REFERRAL GOING TO COME?! I keep telling everyone that when it is meant to be, it will be. But, I am not used to the lack of control over something and it is driving me CRAZY!!! I should lay off of the caffeine. Maybe that will help because I am wired!

Ok, back to the normal me. I did some research this morning about our names in Chinese. It is kind of interesting to see them. Now, if only I was more computer saavy, I would post them up in a permanent spot on the sidebar. I really do need to learn moree about blogger. The first symbol is Dan, the second 2 mean Kelly. Dan's is so
simple compared to mine. Now, if
only I could figure out how to
do our last name in Chinese.
But, I fear it would take years and years of schooling to be able to do that!