Family Dreams

We are keeping this little blog to let our friends and family know of our experiences as we journey towards building our family through adoption. We are hoping to adopt from China, and plan on posting any information we can to keep everyone up to date, as well as any pictures that are important. We welcome any questions or comments, and they can be left by clicking the "comments" link at the end of each post. No question is a dumb question!!! We hope you enjoy our journey as much as we plan to.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweet Sentiments!!



Well, my husband never ceases to amaze me! :) While he is not a man who does big romantic gestures, I have always know that he loves me. But, with the demands on him with the clinic and emergencies, he is not always able to make it to town to get a card on special occasions. Well, I came home today to a dozen pink roses (he knows I have issues with the traditional red roses) and a Valentine's Day card. I was so shocked. He has never bought me flowers before (except on our wedding day, and I still suspect he was coached by his brother!). When I asked what the occasion was since Valentine's day was tomorrow, he responded that they were not for Valentine's Day... They were for no special reason except to say that he loves me and he felt he should start taking better care of me. Ok, he honestly got me teary... Where did that come from? When I asked if one was from Aidan, he said ABSOLUTELY NOT! Aidan would have to fend for himself, all these brownie points were his! I am still stunned... don't know what to say, except I am one lucky girl...twice over. The yellow rose in the middle was a gift from one of our employees' husband, Martin. He came in and brought Tammy a beautiful bouquet of purple and white daisies and me the yellow rose. So sweet!
3 comments

3 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice!! If I want flowers I have to buy them myself. LOL!!! Fortunately, our Superstore has a great selection!!

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Very sweet! So he won't share the brownie points, eh? Poor Aidan - what is he going to do until he is old enough to earn his own brownie points? Oh, that's right - he'll earn them by being his cute, sweet self!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    Ahhhhhhh......thats all I need to say!!

     
Post a Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home